Here are some of the updates about the incident:
- A source revealed to E! News that Rihanna told police that Brown choked her while threatening to kill her and, as a result, she lost consciousness.
The fight started when they left Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party on Saturday. Shortly after midnight, it escalated, and Brown pulled over the silver Lambourghini to the side of a street in L.A.'s Hancock Park neighbourhood.
According to the source, Rihanna then grabbed the car keys and tossed them out the window, which sent Brown into a rage. He tried to find the keys, then came back to the car, put his hands around her neck, and said, "I'm going to kill you!"
Rihanna told the police that by the time she regained consciousness, Brown had fled the scene. Her injuries (blackened right eye, swelling, and hand prints on her arms) concerned the responding officers so much, they drove her to the hospital instead themselves, instead of waiting for an ambulance.
- Other sources say that Brown's alleged attack supposedly started with a text message he received from another female.
The New York Daily News reported, "He got a booty call. He got a text. Rihanna saw it and she got upset. They started to argue. She got out of the car. He wanted her to get back in, so he grabbed her. She pulled away. That's when she's told people he hit her."
- A police source confirmed that Rihanna is providing "ongoing" cooperation with detectives.
- The Los Angeles District Attorney's office asked police to do more investigative work before deciding to press charges against Brown for domestic violence. LAPD chief investigator, Detective Deshon Andrews, is keeping the case file closely guarded in order to keep anything from being leaked to the media. He did reveal, however, that 911 call recorded audio of "a screaming woman."
- It has been confirmed that the 911 call was not made by Rihanna, but by a witness who spotted the altercation and called police. That witness will be key to the case.
- Details have emerged that Brown has been in trouble with the law before.
Life & Style magazine is reporting that in 2007, Miami police were called to Brown's hotel room because guests overheard him screaming and throwing dishes at his mother.
A source said, "He was fighting with his mom. Neighboring hotel guests alerted security and they came upstairs to the room, saw the broken dishes and the mess, and then asked hi mother to leave the room. Plice were then called, but charges were not filed as Chris simply paid the hotel bill and left the hotel."
- Other sources, who claim to be friends of Rihanna's, have revealed to Us Weekly that they noticed visible bruises on Rihanna's neck in early December. When they asked her if she was ok, Rihanna answered, "We broke up again."
- Neither Brown, nor Rihanna have made any statements to the public themselves.
- Rihanna's publicist, Jana Fleishman issued a statement Sunday saying only that "Rihanna is well. Thank you for your concern and support."
Rihanna's grandmother, Clara Brathwaite has told the media, "I don't want people to worry. Rihanna is fine and she is doing well." Brathwaite also denied that Rihanna suffered from a broken nose.
- From the Brown camp, his longtime stylist, Mike B., said, "Chris is all right. He's a good kid. He feels very bad that something like this has happened."
Brown's sister, Lytrell Bundy, told Extra, "He's always been a good boy — never violent." When asked about how Brown is coping with the situation, she said, "He's doing good. He's coping... He's doing as... as to be expected."
Another friend told People magazine, "You can tell everybody that Chris really feels bad about the whole situation, about it coming out the way that it happened, the way he went about it, the way she went about it … it's just a wack situation." The friend also said the story is "not as bad as everybody is trying to gas it up to be."
- Celebrities have also been quick to comment on the alleged incident:
In an interview on Carson Daly's talk show, Brown's friend, rapper, T.I. said, “Yeah, I spoke to him today. He cool, you know. I guess he a little concerned about the situation, but he’s still the same Chris.” He later issued a statement saying he "made a mistake of commenting before understanding the situation."
Rihanna's mentor, and the man who discovered her, rapper, Jay-Z was supposdly enraged when he heard that Brown allegedly hit Rihanna. A source said, "He hit the roof. Chris is a walking dead man. He messed with the wrong crew."
Actor Terrance Howard told the paparazzi, "Chris is a great guy. He'll be all right… Rihanna knows he loves her… Everybody just needs to get out of their way." He later retracted these "insensitive remarks," insisting that he didn't know about the alleged incident when he made the remarks.
Rapper Kanye West told Ryan Seacrest, "I feel like that's my baby sis and I would do any and everything to help her in any situation."
- As a result of the alleged situation, Brown has cancelled a series of events associated with the NBA All-Star Game this weekend in Phoenix.
- Rihanna has cancelled her 21st birthday bash. There were about 200 guests invited to the carnival-themed soiree, which was supposed to be held on February 20th in New York City. She has also postponed her concerts in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and Jakarta.
- Brown has been dropped by the Body by Milk campaign. The brand issued the following statement: "The Milk Mustache campaign is taking the allegations against Chris Brown very seriously. We are very proud and protective of the image of the Milk Mustache campaign and the responsible message it sends to teens. Mr. Brown’s ad was launched last fall and is scheduled to end this week."
- Radio stations in the states, specifically WAKS "Kiss" FM 96.5 in Cleaveland, have dropped all of Brown's tracks from their playlists, after listeners called in outraged that his music was still being supported.
The station's program director Bo Williams said, "I then made the decision to rid the whole station of Chris Brown songs while this plays out. We are fans of Chris Brown's music, and this is not something that will last forever. But it appears that Chris has made some poor choices, we are following the lead of our listeners, and we will not be supporting Chris Brown on 96.5 Kiss FM in Cleveland until the alleged situation gets resolved."
- An inside source has revealed thet Brown has been trying to contact Rihanna: "Chris has been trying to contact her. So far she hasn't taken his call. Her family is on their way to be with her. She has some close girlfriend looking after her."
- Brown's mugshot will not be released, as he was arrested within LA city limits. According to LA city law, mugshots are only released to the public if the individual poses a threat to the public or its distribution will assist in the criminal investigation.
- A photo has been floating around depicting a bruised and battered Rihanna. It is not real, it's photoshopped.
With files from CNN, E!Online, PerezHilton, and other souces linked in the entry.