Monday, June 22, 2009

MMVA Drama: Perez Hilton vs. Will.I.Am


Drama went down at the MMVA afterparties last night between blogger, Perez Hilton and Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas.

Hilton is accusing Black Eyed Peas manager, Liborio "Polo" Molina, of punching him in the face numerous times, after a verbal altercation between the blogger and Will.I.Am.

Will, however, is claiming that a fan punched Hilton.

Toronto police have charged Molina with assault, and he is due to appear in court on August 5.

According to Perez, in his official statement, the drama started when Fergie approached Perez at Ultra, asking him why he was writing negative things about her and the band. Perez supposedly explained that he was just being objective, and that it was all just "silly."

Later on in the night, Perez went to Cobra nightclub for another afterparty.

According to the blogger, Will came into the club at aroudn 2:30 in the morning, approached Perez and said, Yo, I need you to do me a favor. I need you to never write about my band on your web site again."

Hilton declined, and after the conversation escalated, the admitted to calling Will.I.Am a homophobic slur.

When Hilton went outside, he saw Will and his entourage, and that's when he was punched in the face by Polo, causing him to bleed.

Perez called the police, but also took to Twitter as a cry for help.

"I'm in shock. I need the police ASAP. Please come to the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel now. Please."

He posted shortly thereafter, "I was assaulted by will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke," said his tweet.

Will.I.Am tried to set the record straight with a video blog today, claiming that a fan attacked Hilton.

"One of the fans gets all like crazy and they like start some stuff with Perez Hilton. And I'm sitting there just minding my own business waiting for a car and what not, but it just goes to show you how crazy things can get. It's not that serious. It's all music and opinion. People make a career from opinion, which is cool, but don't be disrespectful about it. And fans, don't get all crazy about it," he said.

He also created his own twitter account to set the record straight.

"i just made a twitter account because it isnt cool for someone to blame you and blast you with lies..." he tweeted. "this is dude is crazy...he will go to any length to get press... wow...!!!!"

Further, Will made another video blog in response to Perez's official statement.

"I hit you Perez? Come on dude, I didn't hit you," he said. "And this is very wrong that you are twitting that I did that. Once again, disrespecting me and everything that I stand for...and that's wrong. Shame on you, shame on your behaviour, and that's just messed up."

One of my sources who was at Cobra tells me that it was indeed, Polo, who attacked Hilton, not a fan. But we'll see what happens!

The Chic Spot will be continuing to follow this story, so stay tuned!

Also, click here to follow The Chic Spot on Twitter!

No comments: