Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another Gossip Girl star-turned singer


Ho hum. The cast of Gossip Girl really wants to prove that they can sing.

First Ed Westwick and his band the Filthy Youth, then Taylor Momsen with the Pretty Reckless, and Leighton Meester and her Cobra Starship collaboration.

Now, Penn Badgley, may be the next GG star to get into the music industry, although not right away.

"Years from now, maybe you'll see something, but for the moment, it's something that I don't [want to do]," the actor otherwise known as Dan Humphrey told MTV News.

"I mean music is my first passion, but because of that I don't really want to just take a first step in the wrong direction," said the 22-year-old. "At the moment, I just want to be sensible about what I do. I just write and I play, and that's all I need for myself right now."

Badgley also admitted that he has only listened to Westwick's band, and hasn't heard any of Meester's or Momsen's songs yet. He did say, however, that he thinks they'll do just fine in the music industry.

"I haven't heard any of Taylor's stuff, but apparently it's pretty decent," he said of his onscreen sister. "I wish them the best with it. It's awesome they're doing that."

I sense a collaboration album in the near future!

No comments: