Friday, August 22, 2008

Ed Westwick, a poet?

Image via gossipgirl.tv


Could he be any hotter?

Although Ed Westwick portrays a jerk on Gossip Girl, he seems to have a sensitive side in real-life.

"I’ve been writing a lot of poetry recently,” Westwick, told people.com during a launch party for Coca-Cola’s new aluminum bottles at New York City’s Soho Grand. “It helps me think and work things out.”

He shared a poem from memory that he wrote at six in the morning, but says that nothing he's been writing has a "definitive point of aim."

“I feel like you just need to keep writing until the writing itself just begins to take shape.”

Here's the poem!

Tell me what can you want?
You’ve got it all.
Things are real in a handshake.
Rest my bones these days in a different way.

Cherish the change; it may not stay.

I remember your dress,

Like dreams when you wake with a sudden start.

You’re beside me in the dark,

Wrapped in my arms.

Love is being entranced in a glance,

To muster up courage when you’re flustered,

To stumble on the words you prepare.

Don’t worry about the money that went down the drain

Because the best things in life are free.

No comments: