Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dancing With the Stars - Season 6

Last Tuesday was the finale of Dancing With the Stars Season 6.

The winner? Kristi Yamaguchi, of course.

Personally, I have been rooting for Kristi ever since I heard she would be on the show. She was my idol when I was younger (back in my figure-skating days), to the point where I wanted to change my middle name to Kristi. When I heard that she would be paired with Mark Ballas, one of the most talented professionals on the show, I was even more ecstatic.

The finale was jam-packed with performances from all the finalists, as well as two performances from Usher.

Usher brought along his own dancers for his first performance, "Love in This Club."
Later on in the show, he wow-ed the audience with his new, jazzy rendition of "Yeah." Some of the professionals on the show (and also Artem Chigvinsev, contestant on So You Think You Can Dance Season 1, and judge Carrie Ann Inaba's boyfriend) performed with Usher and his dancers.

Although the performance was a show-stopper, the pre-taping did not go as seamless as it appeared. Usher was said to have "diva" behaviour, taking long breaks to get a drink, and causing the cast and crew of the show to scramble to get ready for the live show.

Nonetheless, this performance was one of Usher's best. He looked fresh and sleek in his white suit, with a black shirt, tie, and gloves. Usher not only pulled out his signature dance moves, and some tap dancing skills, but he also tried his hand at ballroom dancing with Karina Smirnoff (a professional on the show, and also Mario Lopez's girlfriend). It made me wonder..will Usher one day be competing on Dancing With the Stars?

Check out his performance below!

No comments: