Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Liberty of London pairs up with Hermès


I fell in love with Liberty of London on my recent trip to England.

Unlike Toronto's largest department store, Holt Renfrew, Liberty had that wonderful juxtaposition of the latest designer goods in a gorgeous historic building.

Trying on the Alexander McQueen motorcycle jacket boot and some Luella tweed jackets was divine, but I was especially loved Liberty's own goods: jewellery, handbags, scarves...

So when I heard that Liberty has partnered with Hermès, you can imagine my excitement.

The two brands started with Liberty’s floral Tana Lawn fabric. Hermès added a classic stagecoach and horse print in contrasting colors and promised to decorate the Scarf Room in the famed British department store, with the theme "Tying the Knot."

The scarves and ties will be available on September 7th, for six weeks.

For those of us who aren't in London, the scarves can be purchased here!

No comments: