Friday, August 7, 2009

Ashley Olsen on the cover of Marie Claire


Ashley Olsen is Marie Claire's cover girl for its September 2009 issue.

In the feature, Olsen talks about her innate fashion sense and living in the spotlight.

"I think you're either born with a sense of style or your not. Either you care or you don't," said the 23-year-old actress turned designer. "When [Mary-Kate and I] were going to NYU, I think that was the first time we were aware of the power of our personal style. Not the power of it, but the result...Between the big sunglasses and Starbucks cup and big sweaters, the hobo-chic thing, we were more shocked than anything...Mary-Kate and I are very aware of trends and style, but at the end of the day, we don't even think twice about it. It's just, 'What do I feel like wearing today, and how do I want to put it together?'"

She goes on to say, "The amount of beautiful things we've ruined - not having the patience for a tailor and cutting everything ourselves...My sister once took an Alaia dress of mine and just cut the whole thing, and then was like, 'I cut it too short.' Mary-Kate and I don't think about fashion as these clean, beautiful objects. We just kind of wear it and live in it."

On the pressures of childhood stardom, Olsen reveals, "I look at Britney, and I'm surprised I didn't end up like her."

For the full interview, click here.







No comments: