Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Leighton Sings!!


It's getting ridiculous how excited I get about anything Gossip Girl...but the show's resident Queen B, played by Leighton Meester wants to be a singer! And she's going to record an album soon!

She tells Access Hollywood, “I am yeah. Technically, yeah I am. I mean, for real this time… I’ve always done [music], just now I am actually doing an album that I plan to release. It’s so cool because it’s a completely different creative process. From beginning to end it’s yours and you make it… You can see the finished product. It’s sometimes hard when you’re acting to be like, ‘Oh I see the finished product right before my eyes.’ So it’s cool you’re there from start to finish when you are writing.”

Leighton has sung in the movie Drive Thru (also starring Penn Badgley), but Perezhilton has exclusively leaked Leighton singing a cover to "Bette Davis Eyes."

Although her singing in the movie is a bit disappointing, she redeems herself in this cover. Her voice is quite unique -- jazzy and folk-like, kind of resembling Feist.

Check out the clip from Drive Thru below and click here to listen to "Bette Davis Eyes."


No comments: