Thursday, July 17, 2008

Maybelline - The Colossal

Image via maybelline.com

I used to have an obsession with mascara. I would constantly be buying new ones, even though the ones I previously had worked fairly well, just to see how thick, long, and voluminous I could make my lashes. I think I've tried just about every one on the market, except for the new ones that have come out since the end of 2006.

My obsession finally died down when I settled for Lancome's Hypnose mascara, which I have been using for the past couple of years.

A couple of weeks ago, I read about a new mascara from Maybelline on Fashionista.com, where Britt swore that it worked as well as Dior Show Blackout.

Being a fan of Dior Show, I decided I had to try it.

The mascara, called "The Colossal," was nowhere to be found on Maybelline's website, until today.

Lucky for me, I was able to find reviews on the mascara from the Globe and Mail, who swore that it will have people asking whether your lashes are fake or not.

Two days ago, I trekked to Shoppers Drug Mart, and there it was. At only $7.49, I bought it right away, in Glam Black.

To my surprise, the mascara was on sale, and rang up to around $6.50!

After trying it..I have to say, it works wonders. My eyelashes are naturally long, so if I don't use an eyelash curler, the mascara makes my eyelashes somewhat droop. But it definitely gave me volume, and made them much thicker, and more defined. The brush is HUGE, kind of like Benefit's "Bad Gal Lash," but once you get used to it, you'll love it.

The only problem with the mascara is its weird smell, but it's something that I can deal with.

I predict this will be the new cult product.

Learn more about "The Colossal" from the Maybelline website here.

No comments: