Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hugo Boss Opening at Yorkdale Mall - Update!


The new Hugo Boss womenswear store in Yorkdale Mall had a private event today to celebrate its grand opening.

Guests enjoyed drinks and hors-d'oeuvres, and music spun by a live DJ, while previewing the Fall/Winter 08 Collection.

As previously blogged, I had the opportunity to attend the event, however, I was pretty disappointed, especially by the collection. The clothing seemed very mediocre, and there were no defining features to them that screamed, "Oh yes, this is sooo Hugo!"

One thing that caught my eye was a beautiful dark green dress, however, it was ruined when I saw a saleswoman wear it along with opaque black tights, and black and silver shoes.

I kind of regret not taking advantage of the open bar, but I did try the hors d'oeuvres. Who knew how disgusting fois gras is?? I will never eat that again.

After about 45 minutes, we left, and were given a too-large Hugo Boss gift bag (see photo above), filled with two perfume samples, and a random object that we have yet to figure out its use for.

I'll keep you updated, if we ever find out!

No comments: