Monday, November 23, 2009

People are talking about...



Adam Lambert's performance at the American Music Awards last night.

The American Idol Season 8 runner-up caused a stir when he included crotch-grabbing, a simulated oral-sex scene, and made out with another guy.

According to ABC, over 1500 people have called to complain about the performance.

Lambert's response?

"You know honestly, if I offended some people… it's apples and oranges. I'm not an artist that does things for every single person. I believe in artistic freedom and expression, I believe in honoring the lyrics of a song, and those lyrics aren't really for everybody either.

"There's a big double standard, female pop artists have been doing things provocative like that for years, and the fact that I'm a male, and I'll be edited and discriminated against could be a problem.

"People are scared and it's really sad, I just wish people could open their minds up and enjoy things, it's all for a laugh, it's really not that big of a deal."

What did you think of Adam Lambert's performance?

Tweet me your thoughts @TheChicSpot.

No comments: