Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chris Brown issues an apology

Chris Brown has finally issued an apology for severely beating ex-girlfriend Rihanna back in February.

His speech includes:

"Since February, my attorney has advised me not to speak out even though ever since the incident, I wanted to publicly express my deepest regret and accept full responsibility.

“I wish I had the chance to live those few moments again but unfortunately I can’t. I cannot go into what happened and most importantly, I’m not going to sit here and make any excuses. I take great pride in being able to exercise self-control and what I did was inexcusable.

“I have told Rihanna countless times and I’m telling you today that I’m truly, truly sorry and that I wasn’t able to handle the situation both differently and better.”

It's so obvious that he's reading from a teleprompter...

What do you think of Chris Brown's apology? Genuine? Or simply just a move to salvage his career?

No comments: