Friday, April 24, 2009

Leighton Meester lands a record deal



Sometimes, leaking your tracks online really does pay off!

Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester revealed to WWD yesterday that she had scored a record deal with Universal Republic Records.

"I signed my record deal today so I am really excited," she said at the opening of the Chloé boutique in L.A.

In a public statement, the 23-year-old actress added, “I’m thrilled to be welcomed into the Universal Republic fold. Their reputation for nurturing artists combined with a willingness to break new ground makes it the ultimate environment for me to enjoy making music and explore my own creative boundaries. I look forward to a great working relationship.”

Now the question is, will Leighton become just another one of those actresses-turned-failed recording artists, or will she find success in a singing career as well?

No comments: