Thursday, May 27, 2010

ANTM's new winner will receive an Italian Vogue cover


Tyra Banks is stepping up her game!

On the next season of America's Next Top Model, the winner will not be gracing the cover of Seventeen magazine, but rather Vogue Italia, along with receiving two fashion spreads.

This is a big jump for the show.

Banks called the partnership "my second coup in the high-fashion makeover of 'Top Model' which I talked about earlier this year with André Leon Talley joining the judging panel."

The former supermodel explained how the partnership came to be in this statement:

"I was so excited when Franca Sozzani, Editor-in-Chief of Italian Vogue, reached out to me at the end of last year to be a permanent contributor on the recently launched vogue.it (Italian Vogue’s new website) - I was (and AM!) so honored and excited to be working so closely with such an iconic brand. Franca and I really hit it off; we really connected on a personal level, but even more so as we exchanged visions for the future of our brands. I knew instantly that we were destined to partner together in another BIG way; I even told Franca I’d be in touch as soon as I figured out what that was - OH, and I wasn’t kidding. Here’s ANTM with an Italian Vogue cover, and not one, but TWO in-book fashion spreads for our winner."

It's a smart move on Tyra's part, seeing how there have already been fourteen seasons of ANTM, and she risks losing viewers. Clearly André Leon Talley had a big part in this collaboration, but it'll be interesting to see how casting goes for the fifteenth season of Top Model, because really, if a trashy, dramatic, uneducated, gossiping girl gets a Vogue cover, it will be pretty disappointing.

What do you think of this new partnership? Bad move on Vogue Italia's part, or good in terms of publicity?

Tweet me your thoughts @TheChicSpot.

No comments: