Shock Value: Volume 2 is set to come out February 14th, and will once again feature Justin Timberlake.
Timberlake sings on the album's lead single, "Meltdown" with Gwen Stefani, which will be released on radio on January 5th.
MTV got a preview of some of the tracks, and reported:
– The first single from the album, featuring guest vocals from Gwen Stefani and old-time collaborator Justin Timberlake is a typical Timbaland club-stomper, with thumping chorus in which Justin and Gwen invite one another to ‘melt down; all the way’.
"That’s The Way"
– Featuring Usher and Keri Hilson on vocals, this throwback track samples the classic KC and the Sunshine band track, "That’s The Way I Like It" but with a sultry new twist reminiscent of Usher’s own "Love In This Club" single.
– The rockiest of the tracks, featuring the group of the moment, the Jonas Brothers. Beginning as seemingly regular teenage, High School Musical-esque song, it soon breaks out into a crazy whirl-of-a-track that is about an unnecessary break-up.
"Across The Sky"
- a leftover track from Madonna's Hard Candy album, which Timbaland produced many tracks for. However, this version has been completely reworked from the original leaked clip that has appeared online. Now a much darker track similar to the Hard Candy track, "Voices." With guest vocals from Justin Timberlake (again) and a brief appearance from the lady herself, Madonna, this song is longest of the tracks, clocking in at over 7 minutes!
– This one is definitely our favourite. Featuring a heavy sample of the classic dance track "Sandstorm" by Darude, this is unlike anything Timbaland has done before. With incredible guest vocals from Rihanna, this song is one to watch out for. It has to be a single!
Other guests on the album include T-Pain, Akon, Jay-Z, Linkin Park, Dr. Dre, Missy Elliot, Jordin Sparks, T.I., Flo-Rida, and Coolio.
Timbaland and the Jonas Brothers? Can't wait to hear it!